Welcome to the Garrett Park Swim Team, and a special welcome our new head coach Drew Fisher!
We are excited to announce the 2020 Garrett Park Swim Team Training Season. This season will look very different. Please read through all information carefully and review with your swimmers.
- The season will run for 5 weeks, July 6 thru August 7.
- Depending on the number registered, swimmers will get 2-3 practices per week.
- Each practice will start with 30 minutes of dryland at the field outside the pool, followed by 30 minutes in the pool (play pool and lap pool will be utilized).
- There will be 2 practice groups (Mon/Wed & Tues/Thurs). Fridays will alternate.
- Morning practice slots will start at 7:00am and each half hour after, with the last practice starting at 8:30. These practices can accommodate 12 swimmers per session.
- Afternoon practice slots will start at 1:30 and each half hour after, with the last practice starting at 2:30. These practices can only accommodate 3 swimmers per session.
- Parents will be required to sign-up their swimmers for practice slots on a Sign-up Genius. Please note that swimmers will practice on the same days each week.
- All transitions will be handled by coaches, who will be following strict safety protocols.
- Due to Covid restrictions, parents will not be permitted inside the pool fence before, during or after practice time.
- Safety protocols, instructions and a video are available on the team website.
- Registration is only open to paid pool members.
- All swimmers must have signed waivers for both the pool and the swim team.
Thank you for your continued patience as we work to get the Ladybug swimmers into the pool. Please be aware that things can change. We will work to keep you updated as things evolve. Please reach out with any questions.
- The GPST (GPST) is only open to paid members of the Garrett Park Swimming Pool Association. (GPSPA).
- Swim team members must be no older than 18 on June 1 of the current year.