Welcome to the Garrett Park Swim Team, and a special welcome our new head coach Drew Fisher!
As many of you may have heard, on May 21st, the MCSL executive board made the difficult decision to cancel the season for 2020. They have put together a very informative list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on their website that you may find helpful: MCSL FAQs.
If the county decides that pools can safely open at some point this summer, then we'd like to have a training season for the swim team, provided we can do so while adhering to state and county safety guidelines. There will likely be restrictions on how many swimmers may be in the pool, or a single lane, at one time, and we will have to wait to learn more about these restrictions as they are defined by the state and the county.
Because of the uncertainty related to COVID-19, this year's registration process is slightly different:
- We're asking you to pre-register even though we don't know what the season will look like, most likely practices only.
- During pre-registration, we will ask for your interest in participating in a training season, since that will help us plan for contingencies.
- We will not collect any dues at the time of pre-registration this year. We'll have a formal registration and collect dues later if we're able to have a training season.
- The dues amount may be adjusted depending on what we're able to offer our swimmers.
We miss you all and hope that we're able to be together at the pool sometime this year!
- The GPST (GPST) is only open to paid members of the Garrett Park Swimming Pool Association. (GPSPA).
- Swim team members must be no older than 18 on June 1 of the current year.
- Swimmers must, by signing, agree to the GPST swimmer code of conduct.
- Age group placement is based on the age of the swimmer on June 1 of the current year.
- Ex. If a swimmer turns 9 on June 1, they will swim in the 9-10 age group. If a swimmer turns 9 on June2, they will swim in the 8 and under age group.
- See MCSL rules for more information: MCSL Handbook
- Families are required to complete volunteer requirements (see Volunteering).
- See the pre-team page for requirements for pre-team.
Registration & Dues
- Pre-registration can be completed here.
- Pre-registration will begin May 26, 2020 and close June 5, 2020 and will not require any dues payment.
- If we are able to have any kind of season, we will open a formal registration once the pool is able to open.
- Dues will not exceed $150 per swimmer, and we will not collect these dues unless we are able to have a swim season and we open a formal registration.
- If we only have practices and no meets, then we will do our best to adjust the registration dues accordingly.
Dues cover coaches’ salaries, ribbons and awards, computer equipment and supplies, MCSL dues and and other incidentals. The team also raises money from the sale of team suits sold prior to season, spirit wear/team gear sold during home meets, fundraisers at local restaurants and food sales at home meets.
Support the Ladybugs!