The Pre-Team is a great place for younger swimmers (4 to 8 years old) to start if they're not quite ready for the Team.
To be on the Team, swimmers should be:
- 6 years or older
- Able to swim multiple lengths of freestyle and backstroke without assistance
- Able to try to swim breaststroke and butterfly
To be on the Pre-Team, swimmers should be:
- 4-8 years old
- Able to make it from one end of the lap pool to the other end of the lap pool without stopping or help,
- NOTE: the pre-team qualifications were relaxed the previous 2 years to accommodate for the pandemic loss of swim instruction. This year the pre-team is returning to pre-pandemic qualifications for team management and liability purposes.
- Private lessons are always available for swimmers of any ability by contacting the coaches.
***All swimmers, old and new, who did not swim in a Wednesday night B-meet or Saturday A-meet should sign up to attend the Pre-Team Tryouts on June 5th or 6th 2023. Sign-up will be posted closer to the date.
If you have questions, please reach out to [email protected]
Simple formatted text